Pre-diabetes is when you have been diagnosed as being likely to get type-2 diabetes in the next 10 years if your bodies blood glucose levels worsen. There is evidence to suggest that a healthy diet and lifestyle will be enough to stop pre-diabetes from worsening. Although there is no clear scientific proof, the profiling of diabetes’s sufferers suggests that people who suffer from obesity and unhealthy lifestyles are far more likely to get diabetes, and also that those who have diabetes suffer the condition to varying amounts based on how healthy a lifestyle they lead. For those reasons alone, it is important that pre-diabetes patients undertake a fitness regime to ensure that they are giving themselves the best chance.
* Join a Gym : Joining a gym is a great way to ensure that you get fit and healthy. When you join a gym it is a good idea to get a qualified fitness instructor who will be able to show you the ropes and propose a strategy for how you can get fit. Not only will a fitness instructor be able to propose a means by which to get fit, they will also keep you motivated which can be a vital element of success.
* Play a Sport : Playing a sport can be a great way to get in shape. Not only that, it can be fun too. If you like football or basketball why not enquire as to whether there are any teams that play in your local area? Then, if there are, go along and have fun while getting fit at the same time.
* Walking : Walking is a great way to get fit. Why not propose a daily walk to your partner of friend? Even replace your daily commute by car or public transport with walking or cycling instead. This can be a great way to keep your heart healthy, and means that you are far more verse for handling more exerting exercise when you have to.
* Jogging : Jogging is slightly harder than walking in terms of how much effort it can take out of you. However, the more you push yourself the fitter you will get. Going jogging can be difficult, both in terms of how exhausting it can be as well as motivating yourself, that is why it is a great idea to find a jogging partner. It is recommended that you find a jogging partner that is equally as fit as you are which means you will be able to keep the same pace as one another.
* Swimming : Swimming is a great activity because it works all the major muscle groups in your body, meaning you can improve your appearance as well as your stamina, health and endurance. When swimming you can also set the pace, and therefore push yourself as much as you are comfortable with. Why not go down your local swimming pool and see how much you get out of it?
*Disclaimer: The results may vary from person to person, depending on age, sex, body weight and a lot of other factors.*