Most people especially older adults are prone to type-2 diabetes. Normally Insulin secreted by pancreas helps glucose to get into cells where cells convert glucose to energy. In type-2 diabetic patients this does not happen in -turn glucose gets accumulated with the blood. This causes the blood-sugar level to shoot up from normal.
Diabetes is not that kind of disease where immediate healing is possible. Rather than cure, it is important that we find ways to manage diabetes so that, we can restrain other complications that accompany diabetes.
- Follow the medicines as prescribed by the doctor and make sure that the medicines are taken at the right time.
- It is advisable to avoid food with rich carbohydrate content( Example: Sweets, potatoes Etc.,)
- Green leafy vegetables, Fibre based foods like oats are ideal for diabetic patients.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
- Don’t stay indoors all the time, try to move around, walk briskly and get some fresh air.
- If your body looks obese, try to find out exercises to reduce obesity.
- Visit the hospital at least once in three months and Make the following tests.
-Health of your Eyes
- Every day in the morning inspect your whole body and check for any red patches, blisters in the foot, redness or sore in the mouth and gums. If so seek medical advice.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages and Smoking is fatal for diabetic patients. If you wish to fight diabetes it is important to quit these habits.
- Take great care that you don’t get physically hurt. Wounds do not heal easily for diabetic patients.
- Even nutritional deficiencies can retard the activity of insulin; make sure that minerals like magnesium, chromium are maintained at the proper level.